Todd Norman, M.S., C.S.C.S.
"Training with Todd has improved every aspect of my game. My strength, balance, conditioning, and quickness on the court is the best it's ever been. Most of all, I have regained the confidence in my health and fitness, which has developed the foundation for one of the best seasons in my professional career."
- Lindsay Davenport, 3-Time Grand Slam Singles Champion, 2004-05 Ranked World #1
Todd Norman is well-known as one of the “top elite trainers” among the fitness and sports training industry and professional athletes world-wide. He is the founder and owner of Your Sports Trainer, LLC, Cutting Edge Sports Training, Inc., and joint owner of Velocity Sports Performance in Irvine, CA, all of which specializes and excels at sports-specific training.
Todd is a former collegiate athlete who played Inside Linebacker for the University of Nevada, where he proved his commitment to academics by receiving the award of “Senior Scholar Athlete” in 1994. He has been training athletes of all levels since 1996 and for three years he was the Head Strength and Conditioning Coach for the NHL’s Mighty Ducks of Anaheim. Among the many top athletes, high school and collegiate teams Todd has trained over the years, he has been and remains the exclusive trainer to top athletes such as World #1 Ranked tennis star Lindsay Davenport, NHL All-Star Paul Kariya, NFL Quarterback Mark Sanchez, UFC Fighters Anderson Silva and Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, and Supercross racer Ryan Dungey.
As for education and certifications, Todd is a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist by the National Strength and Conditioning Association, a Certified Personal Trainer by the American Council on Exercise, and has earned a Master's Degree in Kinesiology from Cal State Fullerton. His post-graduate emphasis of study was on exercise physiology, biomechanics, and sport psychology. In addition to his extensive academic background and experience training athletes for performance, he has gained education and work experience in athletic training and in-patient/out-patient physical therapy, giving him the knowledge and ability to work with all levels of fitness and post-rehabilitation clients. Todd was also a Master Nike Sparq Trainer and top consultant to Nike, SPARQ and Under Armour and has worked with athletes from every major professional sports leagues..
Currently, Todd holds a 2nd Degree Black Belt in Kiado-Ryu Karate under Grandmaster Richard King and is a frequent presenter at local universities, coaches’ clinics and conditioning camps on specialized sports training methods. He was the Regional Director for “Scout Camp” LA (professional football scouting combine), and has helped conduct and organize many combine testing events for Nike, Student Sports, and SPARQ. He also has extensive experience in providing private and group fitness training, as well as boot camp style classes for all levels of fitness. Todd has also written and produced several training videos on athletic development and sport-specific training.
- 25+ years of high level experience in competitive sports as an athlete, coach, and trainer.
- Extensive academic background with specialization in exercise physiology, biomechanics, nutrition, sports psychology, athletic training and physical therapy.
- Owner and Founder, Your Sports Trainer, LLC
- Developed Patent Pending online system to motivate professional, collegiate, juniors and everyday people to “Get Out and Play”. Provides a dynamic, sports-specific training solution to everyone.
- Owner, Velocity Sports Performance – Powered By Cutting Edge
- As of March 1, 2012, joint partner and Clinic Director of Velocity Irvine.
- Owner, Cutting Edge Sports Training, Orange County, CA
- Founded in December 2000, The Cutting Edge has grown through the years into a 14,000 sq. ft. state-of-the-art training center that is completely owned and operated by Todd Norman. Located in Lake Forest, CA, the Cutting Edge provides private, small group, and team-training for all aspects of performance enhancement and general fitness training. The company is recognized as one of the top-notch training centers in the country.
- Regional Director, Scout Camp LA, 2007
- In charge or organization and supervision of entire regional combine for professional football hopefuls and free-agents.
- Nike SPARQ Certified Trainer and Combine Specialist, 2005-Present
- In charge of organization and staffing of various combines and testing events for sports such as football, baseball, and softball.
- Head Strength and Conditioning Coach, Mighty Ducks of Anaheim, 1997-2000
- Responsible for design, implementation, and supervision of all year-round conditioning programs for the NHL team in Anaheim and the AHL affiliate in Cincinnati. Organized and hosted the Mighty Ducks Off-Season Conditioning Camps, as well as administration, organization, and implementation of pre-season performance testing and evaluation. In 1998-1999 season, the Ducks recorded the lowest injury ratio in the NHL, which was stated by the head coach to be partly due to the team’s high level of conditioning.
- Performance Director, IntenseCity Sports Performance Center, Irvine, CA, 1996-1999
- Responsible for design and implementation of all sport performance and general fitness training protocols, performance testing and evaluation procedures, IntenseCity’s student internship program, floor operations, procedures, and staffing. Supervised and managed the Frappier Acceleration Program.
- Organized and hosted a 6 week conditioning camp for the Anaheim Splash indoor soccer team, as well as organized and supervised the training of hundreds of athletes of all ages, levels, sports, and genders.
- Personal Fitness Trainer, Chirofitness, Rancho Santa Margarita, CA, 1995-1996
- General and post-injury fitness training for persons of all ages and fitness levels.
- Physical Therapy Aide, Irvine Medical Center (Transitional Care Unit), Irvine, CA 1995-1996
- In-patient therapy for patients suffering from total joint replacements, strokes, Parkinson’s disease, cancer, congestive heart failure, cardiovascular disease, amputation, paraplegia, polio, kidney and respiratory disease.
- Physical Therapy Aide, Irvine Medical Center (PAR Center), Irvine, CA 1995-1996
- Out-patient therapy with patients suffering from orthopedic and musculoskeletal injuries.
- M.S. Kinesiology, Cal State Fullerton, June 2001
- B.S. Health Science (Pre-Physical Therapy), University of Nevada, Reno, 1995
- A.A. General Education, Saddleback College, 1991
- Attended Trabuco Hills High School in Mission Viejo, CA; Graduated 1989
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS), NSCA 1996
- Certified Personal Trainer, ACE 1996
- CPR/First Aid/AED renewed through 2010
- National Strength and Conditioning Association, Professional Member
- American Council on Exercise, Professional Member
- American College of Sports Medicine, Professional Member
- International Association of Fitness Professionals (IDEA), Professional Member
- 2nd Degree Black Belt, Karate Institute of America
- Received full athletic scholarship to the University of Nevada, Reno. Was a two year Letterman for the- Wolfpack football team. Won two Big West Conference championships and played in the Inaugural Las Vegas Bowl in 1992.
- Senior Scholar Athlete, UNR, 1994
- Two-year All-Conference Linebacker and Team Captain for the nationally recognized Saddleback Junior
- College football team. Won the Mission Conference championship in 1991 and played in the Orange County Simple Green Bowl.
- Two-year All Conference Linebacker and Team Captain at Trabuco Hills H.S. CIF State Champs, 1988
- “Career seminar on fitness and performance training,” Chapman University, March, 2002
- “Career seminar on fitness and performance training,” Fullerton Junior College, April, 2001
- “Year-Round Conditioning for the Mighty Ducks,” Chapman University, May 2000
- “Recovery From High-Intensity Exercise,” Cal State Fullerton, October 1999
- “Year-Round Conditioning for the Mighty Ducks,” Cal State Fullerton, October 1999
- “Physical and Mental Conditioning for Ice Hockey,” Mighty Ducks Hockey Camp, June 1999
- “Year-Round Conditioning for the Mighty Ducks,” Chapman University, March 1999
- “The Fundamentals of Strength and Conditioning,” Chapman University, December 1998
- Keynote Speaker, Core 360 Functional Training Seminar, Sao Paulo, Brazil, 2009
- Nike SPARQ Training/”Train to Win,” Mumbai, Goa, and Bangalore, India, 2008
- Nike Pro Football Camp 2010, Nike World Headquarters - Portland, Oregon
- "Ladera Ranch Flag Football Camps," 2010 to Present
- “Dominate the 40 Yard Dash,” Santa Margarita 2008/2010
- “Coaches Clinic,” Clovis Unified School District, March, 2004
- “Football-Specific Training Clinic,” Clovis Unified School District, 2004
- “Football-Specific Training Clinic,” Clovis Unified School District, 2005
- “Todd Norman’s Position-Specific Training for Football” (5 Video Series)
- “Todd Norman’s Cutting Edge Speed and Agility Series” (4 Video Series)
- “55 Dynamic Conditioning Drills for Tennis”
- Maxim Magazine October 2012
- Men’s Fitness October 2012
- Spike TV UFC Countdown Show, 2010
- Riviera Magazine, 2010
- Stack Magazine, 2009
- ESPN SportsCenter, 2009
- SPARQ Magazine, 2008
- Orange County Register, 2006
- Special Guest; “The OC Body,” Oct. 2006
- Weekly Presenter of “Drill of the Week” on Southern California High School Sports Show “Friday Night Highlights,” 2001- 2005